Friday, January 15, 2010

Post 170-something

School life is picking up momentum. Slowly, but surely. The lessons are starting, I'm getting used to my class and my teachers, and this week has been a great improvement from the first week.

Also, today I had a... well, interesting time teaching the kids at Pusat Bantuan Sentul(at the request of the Interact Club). It was definitely something new. It was pretty satisfying, actually, teaching and helping these small kids do their homework. They never stop smiling, these kids. Pure innocence.

Plus, all my kids actually remembered my names after the class! I thought that they'd all forgotten it, since they were all calling me Uncle, even though I told them my name at the start of class and told them to address me as so.

I'm glad we(Jia En, Li Yang, Zhi Pei, me) volunteered to take the job, anyway. I'll be glad to go again next week. It's something to look forward to in these early weeks.

Moving on.

I'm gonna pick up rock-climbing, I do believe. It's always quite an awesome experience.

I first went in December 2008 as my birthday celebration, with my best primary school friends. That was just a taster session at Camp 5, and I enjoyed it, but for some reason I never really pursued the sport afterwards.

My second time was in OBS, climbing real rock, but that was just a short wall, about ten metres or less, so that doesn't count as much. So, again, I didn't pursue it.

Then, quite recently, on the Monday of the last week of these past school holidays, my cousin Jun Kit invited me to come with him and his friend Justin. They were both pretty experienced climbers, and they go weekly to Camp 5. Unfortunately, that day I didn't have a guardian with me, so I couldn't go in as there was no one to sign my membership forms.

If you don't already know, Camp 5 is the big rock climbing facility on top of 1U. As the brochure proudly states, it is Asia's largest indoor climbing gym. It looks something like this.



Therefore, when Jeremy(Sze) told me that he was looking for some new activity to pick up, I suggested that we go rock-climbing. And go we did. Just earlier today. We took the beginner's course(it's called the basic wall course), so yeah. We got our rock education, and our certificates, so we're feeling pretty good about going more often. Considering, of course, our schoolwork permits us the time.

We'll see.

Anyhow, guess what's happening on January the 20th(Wednesday, after American Idol)?

I've mentioned it before. Advertised, some might even say. But now that it's happening right here in Malaysia, I would like to remind all of you, WATCH GLEE!

I hope that many of you saw the cover page of Friday's Star Two newspaper. It was Glee. And opening it up, there it is again. A two-page spread of Glee. Right now, I might sound like some geek(or Gleek, as they called it in the article) or TV addict or something undesirable like that, but honestly, Glee isn't just a TV series(and, you should believe that, because I don't usually watch TV).

Why do I say that? Because it isn't. You know what's great about the show? The music. The best part of Glee is the musical numbers that you can download, then listen to again and again after each episode. And in all the 12 episodes I've seen, not a single performance from McKinley High's Glee Club has disappointed me.

It doesn't matter if you're (insert name of your school principal), (insert name of the weirdest kid in your neighborhood), or (insert name of your best friend). Whoever you are, you will enjoy it. If you don't, you don't qualify as a person.

Satisfaction guaranteed, or money back.

*P.S. I hope you all don't mind reading posts without different colours, sizes, and Italics, because nowadays I'm just too lazy to bother.

Jun Shern out.

*Static*

No comments: