Friday, January 8, 2010

From, For, Form, Four.

Fee-fi-fo-fum. A phrase made famous by the great giant in a famous story called Jack and The Beanstalk. You can't not have heard of it. But then again, many people nowadays have not heard of many things.
I have a young cousin about 7 years old who hasn't heard of Little Red Riding Hood, and his little brother doesn't know there used to be a show called "Teletubbies".

So anyways, fee-fi-fo-fum. It's actually part of a poem, which goes:

Fee-fi-fo-fum,
I smell the blood of an Englishman,
Be he alive, or be he dead
I'll have his bones to grind my bread.

This doesn't really matter, by the way. I just thought that I'd add in some extra-curricular information before I go into all the intra-curricular subjects I'm about to talk about.

Namely, school. Which is completely different this year. As you may recall, school last year ended on a exuberantly high note, so much that last Sunday, I was really looking forward to coming back to school.

Unfortunately, they've shuffled us so thoroughly into new classes, every waking hour in school is spent in boredom. Thus the term "waking hour". I spend most of my free time in school sleeping, seeing as class is so quiet and I've got no one to really talk to.

It's not that the people in class are all bores, actually. They're all pretty nice people, whom I do know, and I did speak to them even last year when we were all in different classes, but I'm not close to them enough to have any conversations not concerning teachers and schoolwork.

And there isn't anyone present to fool around with.

Last year, in W, whenever I was bored(which didn't happen so often, sitting next to Li Yang), I could easily find my way to the back of class where Tzer Chyuan, Jia En, JPJ, and Victor would be guffawing loudly while doing stupid but hilarious things, and I would join them and enjoy being an idiot.

Okay, enough. I don't like to vent in my blog, really. I mean. Nobody likes to read about the life of an emo, self-pitying freak who's always whining about how the grass on the other side is greener. Well, there's no such thing.

The only thing close to the truth with similar meaning is "the glass on the other side is cleaner". It's the lala version of the proverb. With all the r's and l's interchanged. Haha! I mean no offence, by the way. However, this version has exactly the same meaning as the first, so I don't know what I mean when I say that's it's closer to the truth.

I'm just typing, you know. Letting my fingers do the job. Typing freely and without care. Just like a bird. A computer-bird. With no brain. A bird-brain. A computer-bird with a bird-brain. I eat like a bird. I remember something about eating like a bird coming out in our English exam some time ago. At the time, I was confused about whether eating like a bird meant that a person eats very little, or whether it meant that the person is a very picky eater.

Hmm. Even now I don't know the answer. Wait, I'll go find out.

eat like a bird
Fig. to eat only small amounts of food; to peck at one's food. Jane is very slim because she eats like a bird. Bill is trying to lose weight by eating like a bird.

There you go. So yeah. I'll leave you now to enjoy the rest of your day, while I go do my homework. Sigh.

Jun Shern out.

*Static*

2 comments:

SEPO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SEPO said...

hey nice..!!
liked the post..!! nd ws kinda nostaligic readn abt jack nd the beanstalk..!!