Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Believe In Awesome

Picking up from the start of last year's year-end holidays. Almost half a year ago? I can ask for nothing more from life. I have had the most amazing past year that I never imagined possible. Thanks, everyone.

I believe in awesome because:

19th of November, 2011 (Last Day of School)
-Initial Sound's performance @ Endgame Concert was the bomb.
-We did our first real, unplanned encore of our signature song mashup Yellow/Fix You at Endgame.
-I had the cool title of Stage Manager at Endgame. Though I didn't do that much.



22nd of November, 2011
-Interact Club's PBS Workshop was blast. Spending time with young, innocent kids FTW.


24th of November, 2011
-Megamind @ Midvalley with Prefects + +
-Megamind is a fantastic movie. I hadn't laughed so much at any movies in a long time.
-I love this group of people.

25th of November to 2nd of November, 2011
-OSAKA, JAPAN STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM! Unforgettable, unregrettable, indescribable.
-Choreographed Indian Dance for showcase @ Omi Brotherhood School, Osaka was well-received.
-Whoa! at Japanese families. I never imagined that anyone of our same species could be so nice.
-Played guitar for my astounded and excitable host-family in Japan.
-Universal Studios Japan was where I realized how much brilliance a person can really feel, such that the only way to keep from bursting is by singing and screaming out in joy.
-Flight home from Japan was delayed, allowing us one last epic day in Japan.





3rd of December to 5th of December, 2011
-The huge Interact District Conference @ Royale Bintang Seremban, a gathering of over 800 Interactors from across the country
-Meet, greet, feed our highly-praised namecards to everybody
-Epic hotel room. For decency's sake, I will not reveal the disturbing story of my hotel room on this blog. Ask me in person.
-Largest Dance Battle I had ever been in, to an audience of the entire body of 800 + Interactors. Did I win? I'm not so sure, myself. Everyone was just having fun.
-I super love my WMS Interactors.


11th of December to 13th of December, 2011
-Pulau Pangkor with the mum's side cousins, including the special guests from the Land Down Under.
-Time spent with the cousins are always amazing. This was no exception.
-Surprise birthday party, excessive song-singing before finally being allowed to cut the cake. Thanks, family.



17th of December to 20th of December, 2011
-Mind-blowing experience at Club Med, Cherating with father's side cousins.
-Birthday well-spent.
-Landed my first proper front flip during acrobatics course; aid of mini-trampoline.
-I would like to say that the nightly musical performances and shows at Club Med are some of the best shows I have ever seen in my life.
-Dance battle! Jun Ian, Jun Kit and I had a chance to battle the others present. My brother easily owned everyone else.
-received my beautiful Internet Radio from an uncle.




23rd of December, 2011

-Christmas party @ Loong's with extended family
-parents dress-theme: 70's fashion.
-Cousin's Prom Night; joined us after his Prom.
-Epic serenade session: 10 cousins and a guitar piled illegally into one car, headed to cousin's prom date's home to sing her "Just The Way You Are" on a spontaneous whim.
-Mamak after serenading.
-Slept at Tan's just before 6am.

25th of December, 2011
-received a professional Studio Condenser Microphone as a shared present from 26 AWESOME friends.
-recorded a Medley as thanks to the Awesomes.


26th of December, 2011
-Christmas party/Reunion dinner @ home with ex-neighbours from Damansara Heights.
-Reunion after more than 7 years.
-There's a reason why we were all best friends when we were young: The two families whom we used to live in-between are awesome people.

30th of December, 2011
-Orientation Day and Leadership Camp preparations in school.
-Kelly's birthday party at her house.
-Epic-ly random and hilarious story-telling session by Eric and I. In Chinese.


31st of December, 2011
-New Year Countdown @ DPC Waterfront with Jamin, Juinn and Joo Ann
-Picnic in a secluded, open field beneath the fireworks.
-At Tan's, played Zuma Blitz on Facebook uncontrollably.

3rd of January, 2011
-School reopens.

7th of January to 8th of January, 2011
-Internal Prefects' Camp in school.
-Debut release of my best shirt design yet, the Prefects' T-Shirt. I'm really proud of this one.
-Unforgettable and ROTFL-worthy simulations of Clearing, Assembly Control, and Screening.
-MUCH more fun than I'd expected. It was amazing.



14th of January, 2011

-chosen as new President of Social Studies Club, completely no idea what to do with the club.
-Pre-Chinese New Year dinner @ home with the Cousins.
-Auditions for performances for the Yee Wei/Huei Jean Wedding in February.
-First time hearing Joo Ann sing. She auditioned for a solo piano/vocals performance of Only Hope, and we were completely blown away and amazed.
-Performing Lucky by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat, duet with Tan Wei Yi.

15th of January, 2011
-Interact Club's Community Service Trip to Soup Kitchen.
-Another unforgettable new experience. Washed heaps of cutlery, cleaned countless tables, wiped unsurmountable squared units of surfaces.
-Helping to serve free food to the poor FTW!



16th of January, 2011
-attended Loong's music school concert @ Bentley's Music auditorium.

20th of January, 2011
-Thaipusam holiday! Hindu's FTW!
-Went for a Pre-Run of Interact's Cross Country event @ Taman Tasik Titiwangsa.
-Taught Victor to ride a bicycle.

21st of January to 22nd of January, 2011
-Managed to work out a brilliant scheme of work for Social Studies. Wait and see, Social Studies is the next big up-and-coming club of the school.
-The long-prepared and much-awaited In-House Leadership Camp 2011!
-Our In-House Leadership Camp 2011 was the bomb.

-All my long, mind-wrenching hours of planning the camp's Mystery Game was worth it. IT WAS EPIC!
-Xin Jie and I were the facilitators of the winning team (Group 12 MOJO JOJO!). I love my group. They were awesome sports.
-Honestly, I don't think I have ever felt better than I did when the entire camp was over. It was an immense success, and the thunderous applause that ended it was thoroughly felt.

I love this life. Or rather, I do some times, and hate it at other times. Well, I don't hate it. It's just that I have way too many things to do all the time. I barely do my homework or study , and yet I am sleeping past 1am every night, preparing for all these activities.

For the past week, I was running extremely low on fuel. I was tired to the bone, and I often fell asleep on the computer or on my homework late at night. During the daytime, I felt like crap, though I tried not to show it. It was really too much for me.


I believe it's worth it, though. All my late nights of preparation, pondering, planning, brainstorming, typing, and editing my plans for Mystery Game paid off when the game ended. I had seen all the participants having a great time trying to solve my mystery, and whenever anyone thanked or congratulated me, I felt the strength coming back. And finally, when Mr Naresh thanked me for my work on the game, everyone applauded. This is what makes hard work worth it. When people appreciate what you've put bucket loads of effort into, the feeling is so relieving, so satisfying that you forgive yourself for putting yourself through all that work, and you want to do it again.


Problem is, I see no end to it. How many more times this year can I go through this sort intense hard work?
After this, we have our Cross-Country coming up on the 19th of February. There is still a lot of work to be put in into Social Studies if I really want to turn it into an active club. And there's the issue of the school Newsletter that we're about to start. Our first issue is due in February, and there's so much more to be done.

Of course, most important to me is my IU Day. Brenda and I are getting worried about it already, though we've only planned it to be in May. There's much to plan and practice, and we need to begin early, because I have promised myself this: This year's IU Day, of the year 2011, will be the best IU Day the school has ever seen. Mark my words, and attend IU Day in May to judge if I have succeeded.

After that, there'll be the school Concert. I get the feeling I'll be doing the programme booklet for concert, and I do actually want to do it. Problem: Mdm Sarah Tan has already asked me to take charge of a dance under her, and I agreed, because she mentioned that I would have complete creative freedom in choreography, and that's rare as far as school concert goes. So I'll be pretty busy around that time. And that's dangerously close to SPM.

It's not as if school work is a piece of cake, either. I'm in Form Five now, and the workload is raining down hard on all of us. SPM is coming, and I want at least 8A+'s out of my 10 subjects. Ambitious much? Well, no harm in trying.

At least now that the Leadership Camp is over, I have a short grace period before the next big project. And there's the CNY holidays coming up, too. At least I can use this time to catch up, then get ahead in my studies so at least I don't have to worry about that portion of life for the next few months.

Wish me luck. I'll try my best not to kill myself or work myself to death. Dad says, "Delegate your work! You musn't keep taking everything into your own hands!" I agree. Thanks, Dad. I'm trying to do exactly that. But it might be a little more complicated than it seems now.

You might be wondering, though, why I do all this? I've asked myself the same question. "Why do I keep trying to do all these things?"

Well, now I know. Because I believe in awesome. I'll get there one day.

Jun Shern out.

*Static*

No comments: