Friday, April 16, 2010

Oldest Of Three, Ruler Of The Seven Seas.

I have been incredibly busy. Except for those of you who are living in a cave, or have just gotten out of prison, you might be able to guess that that's because of IU Day(loosely quoted from Glee, but most of you wouldn't have seen that episode yet). But heck, I had such a good time preparing for it. I hope those of you who attended it enjoyed yourselves, too.

Thanks to the sketch people who made it super fun. Jia En, Jen, Dylan, Gareth, Li Yang, Shi Khai, Wee Cherng, Kim, Brenda, Sarah, as well as Xiao Yi and Ivan(too bad you guys didn't get to perform, seriously). Our board members Dhivya and Jon, too.

Kim: Zeus is so gonna win!

Brenda: Please! Look at him!

Sarah: He looks so blur.

Jen: *undignified backside scratching*

Mdm Moses, cutting in: Excuse me! I don't like that at all. Do you really have to scratch your backside?

Jen: Erm. Maybe I'll just scratch my thigh, then.

Mdm Moses: That's alright. Just make sure you don't scratch any further behind that point.


Jen: But not too far in front either, right, madam?

HAHA.

I must say, the event was quite a success. Woot.

To those who went, what did you think of the programme booklets? It sucks that we can't afford coloured versions for everyone, but still. I'm quite proud of them; these booklets are some of my better photoshop works. Here's the real version in colour.


Sorry about the Madness watermark, but I thought it's probably best, to prevent theft and avoid potential nuisances. I meant to put this up earlier to promote IU, but I didn't get around to doing it. It's just the cover, though. No point putting up the whole booklet. Also, look at this!

In spirit of IU Day's Greece Lightning theme, I did a drawing of Hades, one for the ladies, lord of the underworldly. Haha! I actually did this some weeks ago, when I didn't yet know I was gonna be Poseidon, otherwise I'd have done him.

Hmm. Thought: Is it grammatically correct to use the term "I'd've"? As far I know, there isn't really anything wrong with it, and I always say it, but in type, it looks really wrong. And I've never seen anyone else using it, or I'd've started using it a long time ago. See? Really useful.

Anyway, moving on. Concert practice is starting again. Always my favourite time of the year, I hope this year will be no different. But the theme is getting weirder and weirder every year, I swear. What on EARTH is a "Flower Drum Song"?


Originally, I'd auditioned for cast, but the audition didn't really go too well for me(it's a long story which is relatively embarrassing such that I would rather not declare it to the public). It did for Jia En, though. You might have heard: Jia En is Wang Ta, the main character of our concert. How awesome is that!

Scene from the original "Flower Drum Song" musical. Club Chop Suey. How intriguing.

Anyways, maybe it's for the best, because now, I'm in charge of the Lion dance. Which WOULD be pretty cool, if Mr. Balan hadn't kicked out three-quarters of my original troupe. Let's just hope they come back. In the meantime, I'll be out looking for lion heads and bodies.

If any of you guys have any good contacts with a lion dance troupe or Chinese temple which might, please do drop me a note. As you can probably tell, it's important. Thanks.

Jun Shern out.

*Static*

No comments: